Friday 6 January 2017

Off on my travels: My American Civil Rights Pilgrimage

Hello! I am writing this blog post at Heathrow Airport as I await my fellow travellers. As part of my American Studies degree, I am travelling to the Southern states of America, often referred to as the Deep South, with four fellow Winchester Students. We are flying to Georgia, Atlanta, where we will meet up with around seventy students from the University of Wisconsin Eau Clare.  I have been looking forward to this trip since I first discovered it was an optional part of my studies, but now that it is here, my fear equals my excitement! This will be my first long-haul flight, my first time outside of Europe, in fact this trip will constitute a number of firsts for me. Visiting America has always been a dream of mine, but for my first trip there to be as part of a Civil Rights Pilgrimage is beyond anything I could have hoped for. 

So, as I wait for my fellow travellers to join me, I am making the most of the airport facilities - USA, here I come!

Update: I have been joined by my fellow students, what a fabulous four we are, and we are ready for our exciting journey! 

Update: I am ready for take-off on the trip of a life-time!  See you all on the other side of the Atlantic! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading my blog xx